The Cut brands Prince Harry’s memoir Spare ‘pure CHAOS’ in a scathing post that mocks his ‘frostbitten penis’ and ‘shrooms trip’ – just five months after Meghan posed for bombshell cover interview with the publication
- Harry’s new book, Spare, comes out on January 10, but some of it leaked early
- The Cut shared an article discussing the shocking revelations made by Harry in it
- On Instagram, the magazine said ‘Spare is pure chaos’ in a scathing review
- But actress Jameela came to the Duke’s defense and clapped back at The Cut
- She said it was ’empowering’ for Harry to ‘share’ his story ‘in his own terms’
- Jameela also suggested that The Cut’s original post had branded Spare ‘unhinged’ before it was edited, asking: ‘Is it unhinged… or is it genius?’
The Cut branded Prince Harry’s upcoming memoir, Spare, as ‘pure chaos’ while mocking his ‘frostbitten penis’ and ‘shrooms trip’ in a scathing Instagram post.
The statement from New York Magazine’s The Cut comes just five months after Prince Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, posed on the cover of the magazine and sat down with it for a rare, intimate interview – in which she spoke openly about her time as a royal as well as her and Harry’s decision to leave the monarchy,
After it came out in August, Meghan received fierce fury over her comments, and later admitted that she had been to ‘open’ and ‘trusting’ with the interviewer, and that she originally intended to only discuss her and Harry’s upcoming projects.
Now, The Cut has slammed Harry’s new book, which is set to premiere on January 10, however, numerous excerpts leaked last week after it was accidentally released early in Spain.
The Cut branded Prince Harry’s upcoming memoir, Spare, as ‘pure chaos’ while mocking his ‘frostbitten penis’ and ‘shrooms trip’ in a scathing Instagram post
While sharing an article in which it discussed many of the shocking revelations made by Harry, 38, in the tome, the outlet posted a picture to Instagram that said, ‘Spare is pure chaos’
It is unfortunately unclear what the caption of The Cut’s post said when it was first posted, but underneath the current one you can see that it has since been edited
British actress Jameela Jamil, who left an angry comment defending Prince Harry, hinted that the publication called the book ‘unhinged’ in its original caption
While sharing an article in which it discussed many of the shocking revelations made by Harry, 38, in the tome, the outlet posted a picture of the Duke of Sussex to Instagram on Sunday, which had the words ‘Spare is pure chaos’ written across the top in bold letters.
The caption reads, ‘There’s TMI and then there’s whatever is happening here. A shrooms trip at Courtney Cox’s house? Blaming William & Kate for his infamous Nazi Halloween costume? Frostbitten penis?
‘There’s TMI and then there’s whatever is happening here,’ the current caption reads. ‘Prince Harry’s new book, Spare, is full of wild claims and revelations’
‘Prince Harry’s new book, Spare, is full of wild claims and revelations. Preview some leaked highlights from the upcoming memoir at the link in bio.’
British actress Jameela Jamil left an angry comment defending Prince Harry, and clapped back at the publication for its jarring review in the comment section.
It is unfortunately unclear what the caption said when it was first posted, but it appears that it was edited – and she hinted that the publication may have called the book ‘unhinged’ in its original caption.
‘Is it unhinged, or is it a genius way to get all your skeletons out the closet so that nobody has anything to threaten/embarrass you with because you owned it and got paid $40 million for it?’ she asked.
‘After six years of smear campaigns, maybe it’s more empowering to share on your own terms.’
Some people, however, agreed with The Cut and criticized Harry.
‘For someone who said they craved privacy for their family, neither can stop plastering all their private info everywhere. I guess all the millions are worth it?’ said another person.
Someone else simply wrote, ‘Shut up Harry,’ while a different user commented, ‘This man needs some help… He brings no truth but more chaos.’
The statement from New York Magazine’s The Cut comes just five months after Prince Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, posed on the cover of the publication
She also sat down with the outlet for a rare, intimate interview – in which she spoke openly about her time as a royal as well as her and Harry’s decision to leave the monarchy
After it came out in August, Meghan received fierce fury over her comments, and later admitted that she had been to ‘open’ and ‘trusting’ with the interviewer
Other Instagram users bashed The Cut for scrutinizing the book in the comment section, with one person writing, ‘Putting up flashy tidbit headlines without context is… Irresponsible and reminds me of the media negativity he’s spoken about. I’m personally very excited to read this book.’
‘Can you actually read the damn book and then comment versus judging it by the cherry picked sections the rota has chosen to scream about?’ asked someone else.
‘The very media that Harry is critical of… Wonder why there is nothing a about his love for his wife or kids?
‘The media doesn’t want to highlight that stuff that is likely in the book. Critical thinking is really lacking.’
‘Let him tell his truths,’ urged another commenter, while a fourth added, ‘I think sharing his side of the story has been a long time in the works, probably before he got married. I’m here for it, and more power to him.’
In his book, Harry made a series of explosive admissions, including that he did cocaine as a teen, killed 25 Taliban fighters during his time in the military, and that it was his brother, Prince William, and his wife, Kate Middleton, who encouraged him to wear his infamous Nazi costume to a party in 2005.
Some people, however, agreed with The Cut and criticized Harry, with one person calling him ‘really desperate to say in the limelight’
Several Instagram users sided with Jameela and bashed The Cut for scrutinizing Harry’s book in the comment section of its recent post
He also claimed that William, 40, once physically attacked him during a 2019 altercation regarding his wife, Meghan, 41.
He said his older brother called the former actress ‘difficult,’ ‘rude,’ and ‘abrasive,’ before things turned physical.
‘He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and he knocked me to the floor,’ he reportedly wrote.
‘I landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me.’
In addition to his new memoir, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex released a six-part Netflix docuseries, entitled Harry & Meghan, last month, and it contained a slew of other bombshell accusations about their time as royals.
In her cover story with The Cut last August, Meghan discussed ‘healing’ and learning to ‘feel free’ again after she and Harry decided to step away from the monarchy and move to American in 2020.
‘Just by existing, we were upsetting the dynamic of the hierarchy. So we go, “OK, fine, let’s get out of here. Happy to,”‘ she said.
She also said that what she and Prince Harry asked for before cutting ties with the royals was not ‘reinventing the wheel.’
The outlet claimed that the mother-of-two then listed a ‘handful of princes and princesses and dukes who have the very arrangement they wanted,’ although none of those royals were named in the article.
In his book, Harry made a series of explosive admissions, including that he did cocaine as a teen and that he killed 25 Taliban fighters during his time in the military
He also claimed that his brother, Prince William (seen together in September), 40, once physically attacked him during a 2019 altercation regarding his wife, Meghan, 41
At the time, Harry and Meghan were in the midst of making the Netflix series, and the Suits star also spoke out about why they decided to chronic their journey in the doc.
‘The piece of my life I haven’t been able to share, that people haven’t been able to see, is our love story,’ she explained, before reciting a line from the speech she gave at her wedding to Harry: ‘Resounding knowing that, above all, love wins.’
‘I hope that is the sentiment that people feel when they see any of the content or the projects that we are working on.’
Afterwards, Meghan faced backlash online after readers ‘found [the interview] to be snarky,’ according to Variety writer Matt Donnelly.
Meghan then admitted that she was too ‘trusting and open’ with the writer and said it was only ever meant to focus on her podcast, Archetypes, as well as her and Harry’s other projects – rather than their time in the royal family.
‘The [New York] story was intended to support Archetypes and focus on our projects,’ she said to Variety.
‘I’ve had some time to reflect on it. Part of me is just really trusting, really open — that’s how I move in the world.’
The Duchess of Sussex added that she doesn’t want to lose the ‘trusting’ part of herself, stating that she can ‘survive’ the controversy.
‘I have to remember that I don’t ever want to become so jaded that that piece of me goes away. So despite any of those things? Onward. I can survive it,’ she said.
Source: Read Full Article