The party’s back on! Couples say they are ‘truly grateful’ and ‘really thrilled’ as their wedding receptions are finally allowed from TODAY after being cancelled due to the pandemic
- British couples shared relief at government’s decision to permit receptions
- Wedding parties are back on from today after their reopening was postponed
- But only in the form of a sit-down meal and in a ‘Covid-secure location’
British couples who feared their wedding receptions would remain cancelled due to the pandemic have shared their relief at the government’s decision to allow the celebrations from today.
Downing Street announced last night that wedding receptions for up to 30 guests will be permitted, but only in the form of a sit-down meal and in a ‘Covid-secure location’.
Ceremonies have been allowed since July 4 – for a maximum of 30 attendees – yet until this weekend, newlyweds have been banned from celebrating their union with a traditional knees-up.
The guidance had been set to change from August 1 in England, but eager brides were left disappointed when the move was postponed for at least two weeks by Boris Johnson.
But now the plan set out in the Government’s ‘roadmap to recovery’, which was paused due to a rise in Covid-19 cases, will resume from today in England. The specific areas of the country where local restrictions are in place will remain in lockdown.
Here, FEMAIL speaks to a selection of thrilled couples as they share their excitement over finally being permitted to have a wedding reception.
‘HAVING OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WITH US AFTER OUR NUPTIALS MEANS THE WORLD TO US’
Claudia Green (pictured with her partner), a bride to be and founder of Green Fox Bakery based in London, said it means ‘the world to her’ as a woman who is getting married but also as someone who is a supplier in the wedding industry
Claudia, pictured with her partner, said: ‘Our wedding has been postponed twice this year already, with our new date currently being May 2021’
Claudia Green, a bride to be and founder of Green Fox Bakery based in London, said it means ‘the world to her’ as a woman who is getting married but also as someone who is a supplier in the wedding industry.
She said: ‘Our wedding has been postponed twice this year already, with our new date currently being May 2021.
‘We have, however, decided to have a small civil ceremony in the next few weeks because we don’t know what will happen in the future and we just want to be married!
‘Being able to have our closest family and friends to celebrate with us after our ceremony means the world to us.
‘We are really thrilled about the new guidelines regarding larger receptions. It’s a welcome relief!
‘We’ve had such a terrible year and it’s really nice to be able to legally get married and have an occasion to celebrate before our “real” wedding next year!
‘On another note, I am a wedding supplier and have my own bakery business called Green Fox Bakery. A huge part of my business is making wedding cakes,’ she explained.
‘The news is such a welcome relief for my clients who have been patiently waiting for this announcement so that they can celebrate at last, just like we can!
‘I’m hoping to see an increase in bookings now that larger receptions are allowed to take place.
‘There has been so much support, collaboration and understanding in the industry and we are just so grateful to finally return to work from today! Onwards and upwards…’
‘I’M TRULY GRATEFUL AND HAPPY FOR COUPLES – BUT 30 GUESTS STILL ISN’T ENOUGH’
Lauren Naylor (pictured with her partner), 39, a beauty brand consultant, from Leigh-on-Sea in Essex, had her May wedding cancelled – but is determined to have her nuptials this month
And while she’s thrilled for couples up and down the country – Lauren’s (pictured with her partner) said she’ll be sticking to her more intimate event following her nuptials as it’s easier than trying to put together an occasion for a ‘tricky number’ of people
Lauren Naylor, 39, a beauty brand consultant, from Leigh-on-Sea in Essex, had her May wedding cancelled – but is determined to have her nuptials this month.
And while she’s thrilled for couples up and down the country – she’s said she’ll be sticking to her more intimate event following her nuptials as it’s easier than trying to put together an occasion for a ‘tricky number’ of people.
Beauty salons, theatres, casinos and concert venues are given the green light to re-open
Beauty salons will be able to carry out face treatments such as eyebrow threading and facials from today, the Prime Minister announced.
Tattoo studios, spas and barbers across England are also able to offer all ‘close contact’ services, including eyelash treatments, under new guidance.
In addition, indoor soft play areas, indoor theatres, bowling alleys, skating rinks and casinos will be permitted to reopen from this weekend.
Downing Street also said it will resume plans to pilot a small number of sporting events in order to test the safe return of larger crowds.
Meanwhile, wedding receptions for up to 30 guests will be permitted from today, but only in the form of a sit-down meal and in a ‘Covid-secure location’.
It comes after earlier concerns about an increase in people with coronavirus.
But announcing the changes, the Government said ‘the situation now appears to have levelled off’.
‘Our May wedding didn’t go ahead, then, when small weddings were allowed our original registry venue could only offer us March 2021 – at this point we just wanted to get the official part done,’ she recalled.
‘In July I found a cancellation at the beautiful Chelsea town hall, and have turned it all around in three to four weeks with limited numbers.
‘They’re only allowing 16 maximum in the ceremony room despite holding 38. At the start of the restrictions they were only allowing six guests.’
Explaining her reluctance to make her reception any bigger than she had initially planned following the lockdown, Lauren said: ‘Of course, we’re happy at larger numbers, but to be honest 30 is a tricky number.
‘I’d say you either do an intimate, small wedding at 20 and under or go large.
‘So I still think a lot of weddings and wedding venues will struggle to go ahead. I’m truly grateful, and happy that some of the wedding industry can commence work.
‘However, for us, we’re sticking as we were (including small numbers at the local pub afterwards)… but at least it will be a day to remember!’
‘WE;RE THRILLED TO BE ALLOWED A WEDDING RECEPTION’
A Loughborough couple due to get married later this month said are ‘thrilled’ they can celebrate with their family and friends following their ceremony.
Speaking to BBC East Midlands, Jed Brown and Sophie Luckhurst, both 27, revealed they plan to have 24 guests attend their ceremony at Shottle Hall near Belper, Derbyshire.
But despite the announcement this week, they said they are still ‘worried’ about whether their event will take place on August 30 as planned.
‘I guess there’s always going to be that little nagging feeling in the back of our heads – are they going to pull this away from us with a day’s notice?’ Jed said.
‘For us and our families, it’s just nice to be able to do something to celebrate,’ he added, explaining that despite being thrilled with the relaxed guidelines, it was ‘tough’ to cut their guest list down.
He explained: ‘We’re going to make up for it next year with a big reception and have everyone we couldn’t have this year.’
Social media users celebrate the relaxing of lockdown restrictions on the wedding industry
Dozens of Twitter users today celebrated the easing of lockdown restrictions on the wedding industry after it was announced that receptions are now once again permitted.
Source: Read Full Article