But fancy designs can set you back a packet — so here’s how to make some sweet savings.
1) CHOCS AWAY: At Asda, the luxury Lindt advent calendar is £5, but grab the Thorntons version instead for £3. If you need a few calendars and want an added touch, Thorntons are selling 3-for-2 at £10 and these are personalised with a name written in chocolate.
2) SWEET DEAL: A Jelly Belly Christmas calendar, featuring a bag of seasonal sweets behind each window, is £12. Instead, snap up a Swizzels sweets advent for only £4 at Tesco. It includes faves like Love Hearts and Refreshers.
3) TAKING THE BISCUIT: Instead of Thorntons’ £12 Rituals biscuit advent calendar, opt for B&M’s bargain biscuit countdown packed with McVitie’s treats. You can p-p-p-pick up a Penguin or Club bar behind each window for just £5, down from £6.99.
BRIGHT IDEA: Bright sparks can head to Aldi for a wooden elf LED calendar which has 24 drawers to fill with your own treats. It’s just £9.99 compared to a similar light-up version for £18.99 at The Range.
DON’T BRICK IT: The popular Lego advent calendars cost £18 to £20 at most shops. Save a sackload by opting instead for Wilko’s Blox calendar for just £6, down from £10.
SAVE: £12 to £14
- PRICES correct at time of going to press. Offers subject to availability.
£15K to win for XMAS – how do I enter?
HAVE a Christmas to remember thanks to our latest sensational Sun Savers competition.
We’re giving THREE lucky readers £5,000 each towards their festive expenses.
Bag our prize and you won’t need to worry about all the presents, the big food shop or any decorations you want to put up.
To enter, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed daily in the paper until Tuesday, December 11. Today’s code is on Page 28.
Enter the codes on the Sun Savers app or website. After your tenth code, head back to the “Win Christmas” page found in the “Offers” section and click “Enter” there.
Make sure you enter before midnight on Monday, December 17 when the competition closes.
Sun Savers is our fantastic rewards club which gives all readers the chance to take advantage of FREE cash, treats and prizes. If you’re not already a Sun Savers member then sign up today and get involved.
T&Cs apply – to read in full, see sunsavers.co.uk.
HAVE the perfect start to your day with 10 sachets of Tesco Easy Oats Golden Syrup Porridge for £1, instead of Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge for £2.45.
Deal of the day
NEW members to topcashback.co.uk can get a free cinema ticket worth £10, to any UK cinema.
WASH up with Baylis & Harding midnight fig and pomegranate handwash, from Morrisons. Was £2, now £1.50.
Shop & save
HAVE a scoop of Breyers Delights dessert, now £3 in Tesco. Usually £5.
Hot right now
THE Air Wick Seasonal Edition Mulled Wine Reed Diffuser is available in Wilko for just £4. Was £6.50.
Reader's saving tip
ALAN HUGHES from CHESTER says: “The grandchildren save their wooden lolly sticks and I use them for labelling my plants instead of buying plastic ones, saving money and the environment.”
- Send your tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
My Sun Savers fiver
ANGELA SMITH from BIRMINGHAM says: “I am saving my fivers towards a big family meal when my son graduates from university next year.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Remember to include your name and town.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Source: Read Full Article