Here’s a look at the week ahead on our “Sunday Morning” Calendar:
Monday is Day One of National Tax Security Awareness Week, spearheaded by the IRS, urging Americans to better protect sensitive tax and financial data.
- National Tax Security Awareness Week 2018 (irs.gov)
- Tax Security 101
- IRS warns tax preparers about a new refund scam (CBS Moneywatch, 02/06/18)
- A new twist on a W2 tax scam (CBS Moneywatch 02/29/16)
- In case you think tax frauds are going away (CBS Moneywatch, 02/21/17)
Tuesday kicks off Scope Miami Beach, a six-day international art fair featuring 140 international exhibitors from 25 countries.
- Scope Miami Beach, December 4-9 at Ocean Drive and 8th Street
On Wednesday, the 61st annual Grammy Award nominations are announced on “CBS This Morning.”
- Grammy Award nominations to be announced December 5 on CBS; Awards to be presented February 10, 2019 at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, broadcast live on CBS
- 60th annual Grammy Awards: List of winners
To watch Bruno Mars perform last year’s Grammy-winning song “That’s What It’s Like” (from the 59th Grammy Awards Show), click on the player below:
Thursday brings an auction of more than 120 items belonging to the late Frank and Barbara Sinatra, including eight art works painted by Sinatra himself.
- Lady Blue Eyes: Property of Barbara and Frank Sinatra Auction, at Sotheby’s, New York, December 6
- Gallery: Frank Sinatra at 100
Friday is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, marking the 77th anniversary of the Japanese attack on the Hawaiian naval base that killed more than 2,400 Americans.
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, December 7 (National Park Service)
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Commemoration, at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center in Hawaii, beginning 7:50 a.m.
- Battleship Missouri Memorial, Pearl Harbor
- Pacific Historic Parks
- Pearl Harbor Events
- Almanac: Pearl Harbor (“Sunday Morning,” 12/07/14)
Pearl Harbor – Day of infamy
Remembering December 7, 1941, when an air attack on Hawaii pulled the U.S. into WWII
And Saturday’s the night for the eighth annual Cyndi Lauper and Friends Home for the Holidays benefit concert in New York, on behalf of homeless LGBTQ young people.
- Cyndi Lauper & Friends: Home for the Holidays, December 8 at 8 p.m., at the Beacon Theatre, New York City
- Tickets via Ticketmaster
- True Colors Fund
Story produced by Charis Satchell.
Source: Read Full Article