It’s that time of year again – Pumpkin Spice Latte season.
Starbucks has just revealed it’ll be bringing back the popular beverage next week, from 25 September.
But, with many of us working from home at the moment, we can’t simply pop out the office to the local Starbucks – like we usually would on our work lunch breaks.
PSL fans shouldn’t fret though, as 2020 is the year of making our favourite branded treats at home. We’ve already seen people embrace this earlier this year, when the recipes for Wagamama’s chicken katsu curry and Subway’s meatball marinara sub were released.
Thankfully, there’s a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe on hand, so you can sip your favourite autumnal drink from the comfort of your sofa.
The recipe, courtesy of Coffee-Direct.co.uk, requires:
- 750ml whole milk (hot but not boiling)
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar
- Half a teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Half a teaspoon ground ginger
- Half a teaspoon allspice
- 180ml freshly brewed strong coffee
- Some whipped cream.
In terms of method, it goes as follows…
1) First, create a pumpkin spice mix by combining the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice in a small bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
2) Add the hot milk, caster sugar, vanilla extract, and half of the pumpkin spice to a blender and mix until frothy.
3) Divide the liquid between three coffee mugs, leaving enough space to add a good amount of whipped cream later.
4) Add 60ml of freshly brewed, strong coffee to the mugs.
5) Add that layer of whipped cream, and finish with a sprinkling of the remaining pumpkin spice mix.
The only thing left to do is to enjoy!
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch at MetroLifestyleTeam@metro.co.uk.
Source: Read Full Article