Prince Andrew latest news: Duke to dodge sex case today as lawyers claim he 'hasn't legally been served court papers'

PRINCE Andrew is to swerve a hearing in his sex assault civil case today by having no representatives taking part.

His US lawyers will not be joining the phone conference with his accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s team, as they continue to stone-wall the case.

Earlier this week, it was revealed to The Sun that Prince Andrew has been served with papers over bombshell sex assault allegations from Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts.

But Andrew, who has been staying with the Queen on her private estate in Scotland, has denied receiving the summons – with a judge due to decide today.

Royal aides are said to be furious the Duke of York has intruded on the Queen's private summer retreat and made her look like she is harbouring him after he fled his own home in Windsor last week.

Follow our Royal Family blog below for all the latest news and updates

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE ANDREW WON’T SEND LAWYERS TO SEX ASSAULT CASE TODAY AND WILL SWERVE THE HEARING

    His US lawyers will not be joining the phone conference with his accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s team, as they continue to stone-wall the case.

    The duke’s UK-based legal team has never intended to participate.

    His accuser’s lawyers insist he has been served court papers in accordance with English and international law.

    They say a copy of the summons was emailed to Royal Household staff and his lawyers were informed by email and post.

    However, Gary Bloxsome, the duke’s lawyer, claimed correct procedure was not followed and that the papers should be served through a British court official.

  • [email protected]

    NO APOLOGIES

    PRINCE Harry said his grandad Prince Philip was “unapologetically him” as he and William pay touching tributes in a trailer for a new interview.

    A “unique portrait” of Prince Philip and his life will air on September 22 on BBC One – as the Royal Family pays tribute to the beloved Duke who passed away earlier this year.

    In anticipation for the documentary, the BBC released a preview showing four of the Royals reminiscing on Prince Philip’s life along with clips of the Duke with his family.

    The emotional trailer begins with Prince William saying: “He’s always been a huge presence behind everything we’re done really.”

    And then Prince Harry, wearing a white buttoned-down shirt, adds: “What you see is what you got with my grandfather, he was unapologetically him.”

  • [email protected]

    THOMAS MARKLE’S LETTER TO HIS SISTER (CONTINUED)

    In May 2018, he wrote an explosive open letter telling Meghan to call off the upcoming nuptials, blasting it as a “fake fairy tale”.

    However, he reportedly later backtracked on the letter, which he said was written in a “moment of madness”.

    Meanwhile, in the first promo for the show, Thomas claimed he had warned Prince Harry about his half-sister before they married.

    “I’m Meghan Markle’s brother, I’m the biggest brother of them all,” he said in the introduction video.

  • [email protected]

    MEGHAN MARKLE’S BROTHER WRITES HER ANOTHER EXPLOSIVE OPEN LETTER

    Meghan Markle’s brother has written another letter to her and Prince Harry, a trailer for Big Brother VIP has revealed.

    The second teaser, released today, shows Thomas Markle Jr. sitting in the diary room of the reality show announcing plans to write to his half-sister.

    “You know I’m famous for writing letters,” the 55-year-old Thomas says in the trailer sitting beside former Survivor contestant Luke Toki.

    “I’m gonna write a letter to Meghan,” he explains as he leans down onto a table in the diary room and puts pen to paper.

    “Dear Meghan and Harry,” he begins. “The first thing I want to say to both of you…”

    His voiceover then trails off and a question appears on the screen that reads: “What’s in the letter?”

  • [email protected]

    MEGHAN AND HARRY’S AMBITIONS HAVE “BACKFIRED” AND THEY ARE MORE TRAPPED THAN EVER, ROYAL AUTHOR SAYS

    Duncan Larcombe, the author of Prince Harry: The Inside Story, says the couple moved to LA to try to forge their own path but their mounting unpopularity means it may have backfired.

    He said:“If freedom is being able to say what you want, when you want, to whoever you choose to speak to, then Harry has found a degree of freedom. But if freedom is having good will behind you to live in peace, being able to live life as you want it or being at peace with the people you’ve rowed with, then freedom has not been achieved.

    “It’s backfired. Harry and Meghan seem to have totally isolated themselves – they’re more trapped than ever in this new life they’ve created.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    WOLF HALL AUTHOR HILARY MANTEL SAYS SHE ADMIRES THE QUEEN’S DETERMINATION

    Speaking of Queen Elizabeth,95 and Prince Charles she said: “I think they do it as well as anyone possibly could take it as seriously as anyone could.”

    However, she then went on to say that she predicted the monarchy would only last another two generations due to modernisation.

    “It’s very hard to understand the thinking behind the monarchy in the modern world when people are just seen as celebrities,” she said.

    She predicted that Prince George, third in line to the throne after his great grandmother, Queen Elizabeth 95, grandfather Charles 72, and father William 38, would never be anointed, king.

  • Joseph Gamp

    MONARCHY WILL DIE OUT BEFORE GEORGE HAS CHANCE TO BECOME KING, CLAIMS NOVELIST

    NOVELIST Hilary Mantel has claimed that there are only two generations left in Britain’s monarchy, and thus Prince George will never be crowned king.

    Although Ms Mantel says that she admires the determination of Queen Elizabeth, she feels that the modernisation of the world means that the royals time is running out.

    The novelist, who previously branded Kate Middleton a ‘plastic, jointed doll‘ with ‘no personality of her own’ spoke to The Times about her prediction for the future of the monarchy.

    As the article points out, the 69-year-old is accused of hating England, and Brexit voters since she stated she wanted to become an Irish citizen.

    The novelist, best known for her Wolf Hall trilogy which followed the rise of blacksmith’s son Thomas Cromwell to Henry VIII’s chief minister, to his downfall and execution, says she admires the Queen’s determination.

  • Joseph Gamp

    QUEEN TO SPLIT HER TIME BETWEEN BUCKINGHAM PALACE AND WINDSOR CASTLE AFTER SUMMER BREAK, EXPERT CLAIMS

    THE Queen is to split her time between Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace after her summer break, sources say.

    It is suggested the arrangement is to fend off potential criticism of the £369million refurbishment bill of the palace.

    Expert Roya Nikkhah said: “Otherwise many people would think, ‘What’s the point’ of the refurb?’ ”

    Her Majesty, 95, has been at Balmoral since June — her first stay there since Prince Philip died in April.

    She spent much of the pandemic at Windsor in Berkshire, but is ex­pected to spend more time in London when she gets back.

  • Joseph Gamp

    WHAT IS THE SOVEREIGN GRANT?

    The Sovereign Grant, which comes from taxes, will rise to cover renovation costs.

    But the palace will operate as usual, generating millions through tourism and events.

  • Joseph Gamp

    QUEEN PAID TRIBUTE TO THE ‘RESILIENCE AND DETERMINATION OF COMMUNITIES WHO JOINED TO REBUILD’ AFTER 9/11 ATTACK

    On the 20th anniversary of America’s darkest day, the 95-year-old monarch paid tribute to the victims, survivors, first responders and rescue workers in a heartfelt message to the US president.

    The Queen said: “As we mark the 20th anniversary of the terrible attacks on September 11, 2001, my thoughts and prayers – and those of my family and entire nation – remain with the victims, survivors and families affected, as well as the first responders and rescue workers called to duty.

    “My visit to the site of the World Trade Centre in 2010 is held fast in my memory.

    “It reminds me that as we honour those from many nations, faiths and backgrounds who lost their lives, we also pay tribute to the resilience and determinations of the communities who joined together to rebuild.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    HARRY & MEGHAN PAY TRIBUTE TO 9/11 VICTIMS ON ARCHEWELL WEBSITE

    PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have changed Archewell’s website to the names of 9/11 victims to mark the 20th anniversary of the terror attack.

    The Duke and Duchess blacked out the homepage of the website, with the words “In Memoriam, September 11, 2001” followed by rows of the names of the tragic victims.

    Meghan and Harry’s tribute on their website comes as world leaders pay tribute to those who lost their lives during the terror attacks.

  • Joseph Gamp

    RETURN SERVE

    PRINCE Andrew’s legal team have reportedly claimed that he hasn’t been legally served by his sexual abuse accuser Virginia Roberts – and plan to get the case tossed out.

    Lawyers for Roberts told The Sun on Friday that they had served the prince with papers for their sex assault lawsuit.

    The Duke of York, 61, was served at his Royal Lodge mansion in Windsor last month, according to a document filed on Friday.

    Roberts, 38, who is one of the most well-known Jeffrey Epstein victims, is accusing the prince of abusing her three times when she was under the age of 18.

    Andrew, however, has strongly denied the claims in the past and has said he doesn’t recall meeting Roberts – who also goes by her married name Giuffre.

    His lawyers claim the court papers were not properly served and plan to boycott a Monday court hearing, it was reported.

  • Joseph Gamp

    ‘RUNNING TO MUMMY’

    A separate source said Andrew angered senior courtiers by travelling 500 miles to the Highlands on Tuesday with ex-wife Sarah Ferguson.

    They said: “It looks like he is running to mummy and that she is almost harbouring him. No one wants Andrew near Balmoral. It looks like he is hiding behind a woman who is approaching 100 years old.

    “He needs to pull his socks up and face his responsibilities. Going for flight instead of fight is making him look irresponsible and guilty, even if he isn’t.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    EXPLAINED: WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE PRINCE ANDREW SERVED STORY?

    Lawyers acting for Ms Giuffre insist they have served papers on Prince Andrew for a sex assault lawsuit by leaving them with police at the gate of Windsor Royal Lodge on August 27.

    But sources said the Prince’s team believe they had laid a trap for her lawyers and would argue the summons had not been properly served as it should be delivered via a ­British court official.

    Yet lawyers for Ms Giuffre — now 38 but just 17 at the time of the alleged rape in the first degree — are certain they have followed the correct protocol.

    US District Judge Lewis Kaplan, overseeing the case, will rule on whether he has been served. Ms Giuffre’s people have talked with Johanna Sjoberg and Steve Scully, said to be key witnesses, in recent weeks, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.

    Her lawyer David Boies said: “We’ve spoken to a woman who saw them at the Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion and a man who ­witnessed them on the island.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    PRINCE WILLIAM IS PORTRAYED AS VILLAIN FOR ‘REFUSING TO SPEAK OUT ON RACISM’ IN CONTROVERSIAL NEW TV FILM ESCAPING THE PALACE

    Harry&Meghan: Escaping the Palace will dramatise the Sussex’s ‘escape’ from the Royal Family after the birth of their son Archie.

    The film will portray Prince William as the villain and will show him lecturing his older brother from not speaking out on racism.

    Images show Prince Harry (played by Jordan Dean) and Prince William (played by Jordan Whalen) arguing in a Kensington Palace garden.

    William tells Harry: “What causes problems isn’t colour, it’s culture. Meghan an American. She acts more like a celebrity than a Royal.”

    “You need to bloody well make a statement with me decrying racism. As future King, you need to push on this horrific bullying.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    ANDREW’S LAWYERS REJECT NOTION THAT HE HAS BEEN SERVED

    One attempt saw a server turn up to Andrew’s Windsor address and hand the court papers to a cop, who they claim helpfully agreed to hand them to the duke.

    Virginia’s team also managed to get a copy emailed to his lawyers by the Senior Master of the Queen’s Bench Division – a post appointed by Andrew’s mum.

    David Boies, Virginia’s lead lawyer, says at least two methods of alternative service they have used, qualify under US law.

    Lawyers for Prince Andrew are said to reject the notion that he has been legally served.

  • Joseph Gamp

    EXPLAINED: WHEN DID THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH PASS AWAY?

    On April 9, the Duke of Edinburgh passed away “peacefully” at Windsor Castle.

    Her Majesty, 94, shared a poignant photo of Philip in a heartfelt tribute to her “strength and guide” at the time of his death.

    The tragic news was a huge blow to the Queen, with the Duke widely known to be the backbone of the Royal Family.

  • Joseph Gamp

    EMMA RADUCANU SAYS SHE WILL ‘FRAME LETTER FROM THE QUEEN’

    Emma Raducanu has revealed her plans to frame the letter she received from the Queen following her US Open triumph on Saturday.

    The 18-year-old sensationally fired her way to glory on her Flushing Meadows debut with a straight sets victory over Leylah Fernandez in New York. And among the plethora of congratulations messages for Raducanu was one from the Queen herself.

    The teenager was taken aback by the words from Her Majesty and insists she will cherish the letter.

    She said: “It meant everything to get a message from Her Majesty. She’s such a great inspiration and role model for the whole country so to have a note from her. I was extremely honoured and very very grateful that she took notice of my tennis. I can’t believe it. I’m maybe going to frame that letter or something.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE WILL TAKE PLACE AT 9AM TOMORROW

    A pre-trial teleconference for the civil case, led by Judge Kaplan, will be held at 9pm UK time. Andrew was also pictured in 2000 with Epstein and Maxwell on a pheasant shoot on the Queen’s Sandringham estate in Norfolk.

    When asked by Newnight’s Emily Maitlis in 2019 about whether he had invited Epstein to a party, Andrew quickly corrected her: “It was a shooting weekend, a straightforward shooting weekend.”

    Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the latest developments as did Andrew, who has denied any wrongdoing.

  • Joseph Gamp

    NO APOLOGIES

    PRINCE Harry said his grandad Prince Philip was “unapologetically him” as he and William pay touching tributes in a trailer for a new interview.

    A “unique portrait” of Prince Philip and his life will air on September 22 on BBC One – as the Royal Family pays tribute to the beloved Duke who passed away earlier this year.

    In anticipation for the documentary, the BBC released a preview showing four of the Royals reminiscing on Prince Philip’s life along with clips of the Duke with his family.

    The emotional trailer begins with Prince William saying: “He’s always been a huge presence behind everything we’re done really.”

    And then Prince Harry, wearing a white buttoned-down shirt, adds: “What you see is what you got with my grandfather, he was unapologetically him.”

  • [email protected]

    WILLIAM AND KATE GIVEN ‘HIGHER ROLES DUE TO THEIR POPULARITY’, SAYS EXPERT

    Andrew Lownie, a royal expert, has claimed that Prince William and Kate Middleton have been given ‘higher roles due to their popularity’.

    He told the Express : “We’re in a period of what can be called a soft regency, in effect the Queen is standing back, not doing many roles.

    “The roles that she is doing are being accompanied by Prince Charles, everyone is being prepared for Charles and Camilla.

    “As a result, William and Kate, who seem to be very popular, are stepping into the position that Charles and Camilla had.

    “Because they are, I would say almost more popular than Charles and Camilla, they’ve probably been given a higher role.”

  • [email protected]

    JUDGE TO DECIDE ON WHETHER LAWSUIT HAS BEEN SERVED ON MONDAY

    Lawyers for Virginia also emailed the lawsuit to Andrew’s UK lawyers and US attorney Blair Berk – who formerly represented pervert producer Harvey Weinstein.

    In addition, they emailed the Duke of York’s office and received a cheery auto-reply back.

    It said: “Thank you for your email to the Duke of York’s office. This is an automatic acknowledgment to tell you we have received your email safely.”

    Mr Boies faces a teleconference call over Andrew’s lawsuit with Judge Kaplan in New York on Monday at 4pm EST (9pm UK time).

  • [email protected]

    QUEEN TO SPLIT HER TIME BETWEEN BUCKINGHAM PALACE AND WINDSOR CASTLE AFTER SUMMER BREAK, EXPERT CLAIMS

    THE Queen is to split her time between Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace after her summer break, sources say.

    It is suggested the arrangement is to fend off potential criticism of the £369million refurbishment bill of the palace.

    Expert Roya Nikkhah said: “Otherwise many people would think, ‘What’s the point’ of the refurb?’ ”

    Her Majesty, 95, has been at Balmoral since June — her first stay there since Prince Philip died in April.

    She spent much of the pandemic at Windsor in Berkshire, but is ex­pected to spend more time in London when she gets back.

  • [email protected]

    ANDREW TO DODGE SEX ASSAULT HEARING TOMORROW

    Prince Andrew is to swerve a hearing in his sex assault civil case tomorrow by having no representatives taking part.

    His US lawyers will not be joining the phone conference with his accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s team, as they continue to stone-wall the case.

    The duke’s UK-based legal team has never intended to participate.

    His accuser’s lawyers insist he has been served court papers in accordance with English and international law.

    They say a copy of the summons was emailed to Royal Household staff and his lawyers were informed by email and post.

    However, Gary Bloxsome, the duke’s lawyer, claimed correct procedure was not followed and that the papers should be served through a British court official.

    At the hearing tomorrow, Manhattan federal court judge Lewis Kaplan will ask Ms Giuffre’s legal team to detail their efforts to serve Andrew, 61, with the papers.

  • [email protected]

    EXPLAINED: WHEN DID THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH PASS AWAY?

    On April 9, the Duke of Edinburgh passed away “peacefully” at Windsor Castle.

    Her Majesty, 94, shared a poignant photo of Philip in a heartfelt tribute to her “strength and guide” at the time of his death.

    The tragic news was a huge blow to the Queen, with the Duke widely known to be the backbone of the Royal Family.

    Source: Read Full Article