Mums warn about deadly choking danger of Cadbury Mini Eggs – as parents don't realise there’s a minimum age for kids

MUMS are warning other parents about the potential danger of Cadbury Mini Eggs.

An Easter staple in many households, the chocolate treats come with a minimum age – and many parents are unaware.

If not followed, the sweets could be a choking hazard for kids.

Posting to her Facebook page Nanny Valentine – Child Behaviour Coach, one mum said in 2017: "Many parents are now aware of the dangers of grapes and cut them in half.

"Many parents don't even see these chocolate treats as a danger but they are and mustn't be given to children under four!

"I cringe every time I see little ones munching on these delicious treats.

Read more Easter stories

I’m mum of 7 and I was fuming when Asda said my £20 Easter eggs ‘don’t exist’

Kris blasted for ‘wasteful’ Easter as fans complain sweets will be ‘thrown away’

"They are hard and the perfect shape to get lodged in a child's throat.

"If this post saves a little one from a terrible accident then it's worth me posting.

"My children are often bought these at Easter but sorry boys Mummy has to eat these."

The minimum age is written on all Mini Egg packets, but many miss the wording as they dig into the chocolate.

Most read in Fabulous

EGG-TRAORDINARY

I’m a mum-of-ten and I spend £1,140 on my kids every Easter

ROYAL ARRIVALS

William and Kate arrive for Easter Sunday service as Queen misses engagement

OH MAM

Mum slammed for 'embarrassing' hamper with condoms & lube she made for son's 16th

MILK IT

You’re storing your milk wrong – you should never put it in the fridge door

Other parents reiterated the warning.

One tweeted: "Please remember that Mini Eggs are a choking hazard and not advised to be given to children under 4 years of age.

"Please choose larger eggs that can be broken up & would not obstruct an airway #choking #staysafe #easter".

First Aid For Life shared the emotional story of a mum whose daughter choked to death on Mini Eggs.

The grieving mother, who has remained anonymous, wrote: "With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my precious little girl Sophie.

"She had choked on a mini egg and I was unable to dislodge it. I watched the light slip away from my babies eyes, I tried in vain to save her."

Read More on The Sun

Daisy May Cooper ‘shops for engagement ring’ – 9 months after marriage split

West Ham ace in tears as Westwood is stretchered off after horror injury

A spokesperson for Cadbury told the Daily Mirror: "The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us and we ensure that all of our Cadbury Mini Eggs packaging very clearly carries the following warning: Choking Hazard: This product is Not suitable for children under 4.”

Malteasers and Smarties also pose a choking risk to young kids.

    Source: Read Full Article