Meghan and Harry latest – Duchess risks ROYAL WRATH by dragging Prince Charles, The Queen and William into privacy row

MEGHAN Markle has risked the wrath of royal fans once again by dragging Prince Charles, The Queen and Prince William into her privacy row.

The Duchess of Sussex revealed in court documents she had sought advice from two senior Royal Family members before writing a letter to Thomas Markle “in an attempt to get him to stop talking to the press".

Such conversations with senior members of the Royal Family would normally be strictly confidential but Meghan has disclosed them in documents she would have known would have been made public.

In documents from Meghan's lawyers yesterday, it was claimed the former actress "wanted to follow protocol" on how to deal with media coverage around her father – going to two senior members of the royal family on "how best to address the situation".

The two royals are not named and Meghan's legal team could be referring to a number of other members of the family.

But as the most senior members of the Royal Family are the Queen, Prince Charles and the Duke of Cambridge, the language used in the legal documents drags them into the contentious case.

Follow all the latest news on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry below…

  • Shayma Bakht

    PRINCESS DIANA ACTRESS 'UNDERSTANDS' WHY PEOPLE ARE 'UPSET' WITH HER PERFORMANCE

    Appearing on the Tamron Hall Show, Emma Corrin, who plays Princess Diana on Netflix series, The Crown says she “understands” why MPs and members of the royal family are “upset” with her portrayal.

    Season 4 of the show is more controversial than ever, showing some royals in a negative light.

    She said: “I understand why people would be upset because this is history. And even with Diana, it's still very much fresh, everything that happens.”

    “So I do really understand if people would be upset.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    EXPERT SAYS HE WOULD BE 'SURPRISED' IF PRINCE HARRY AND WILLIAM STILL SPEAK

    A royal expert says he doesn't believe brothers Prince Harry and Prince Williams are in contact, and says the same for their spouses.

    Sean Smith, who wrote Meghan Misunderstood last week, said he would be “surprised” if the Duke and Duchess maintained contact with Prince William and Kate Middleton.

    He said: 'Whether they have any contact with William and Kate, I don’t know. I’d be surprised.'

  • Shayma Bakht

    MEGHAN WAS ADVISED BY TWO SENIOR ROYALS ON LETTER TO ESTRANGED FATHER

    Meghan said to have sought the advice of two senior royals before deciding she would write a letter to her father, Thomas Markle Snr.

    The High Court in London saw documents during the case against Associated Newspapers, who Meghan is suing.

    These papers read: “Given the Claimant’s level of distress surrounding the form, frequency and content of the media coverage concerning her father, and as the newest member of the Royal Family who wanted to follow protocol, the Claimant sought advice from two senior members of the Royal Family on how best to address the situation.”

  • John Hall

    MEGHAN SPILLS ALL

    Meghan Markle admits passing information to the authors of Finding Freedom using a go-between but claims it wasn't to “enhance her image”.

    The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, for releasing a letter she wrote to her estranged dad, Thomas Markle.

    The newspaper argues the 39-year-old “co-operated” with the authors of Finding Freedom.

    She was accused of feeding personal information to the writers to “set out her own version of events in a way that is favourable to her” – therefore breaching her own privacy.

    Her amended court documents released today show she spoke with someone who had been approached by authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand to set the record straight regarding her dad.

    The papers state Meghan was “concerned her father's narrative” over her abandoning him, which she says was false, would be repeated in the book.

  • John Hall

    MARTIN BASHIR DROPPED FROM HARRY AND MEGHAN'S AGENCY

    Martin Bashir has been dropped from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s public speaking agency in the wake of the Princess Diana scandal.

    The BBC reporter was claimed to have been able to earn up to £15,000 a pop for the engagements while on the books the Harry Walker Agency.

    However, his name no longer appears online with the US agency, which also represents big names including the Obamas, Serena Williams and the Clintons.

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are also available through HWA – but can only be hired by special arrangement, it is claimed.

    Mr Bashir's removal from the agency comes as he is under scrutiny for allegedly peddling 32 lies and smears to the princess to clinch his explosive interview in which she famously said: “There were three of us in this marriage”.

    More on the story here

  • John Hall

    MEGHAN AND HARRY 'SHOW ARCHIE TO THE QUEEN ON ZOOM'

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry “show Archie to the Queen on Zoom calls”, but “don’t have contact with Kate Middleton and Prince William”, it has been claimed.

    Royal biographer Sean Smith, who released Meghan Misunderstood last week, said Meghan and sister-in-law Kate “weren’t sisters” and didn’t have a close bond. 

    He told Fabulous: “I presume they [the royal family] have Zoom calls and she [Meghan] participates in them.

    “Particularly with the Queen I understand, showing how much Archie has grown this week.

    “But whether they have any contact with William and Kate, I don’t know. I’d be surprised.”

    More on the story here

  • John Hall

    MEGHAN MARKLE HIRES EX-PINTEREST COMMUNICATIONS CHIEF AFTER RECEIVING 'RIDICULOUS' CRITICISM

    Meghan Markle, 39, and Prince Harry, 36, have hired former Pinterest communications chief, Christine Schirmer.

    This comes after a series of criticism over the past few months, from their Remembrance Day appearance at Los Angeles cemetery, to relocating to California in March, which some believe was unfair.

    Royal biographer Sean Smith raised concerns about the duchess being disproportionately criticised over minor issues.

    He said: “She gets criticised for cleaning her teeth in the morning, it's ridiculous.”

  • John Hall

    EXPERT SLAMS HARRY'S AS 'DISLOYAL' AND 'RUDE' FOR NETFLIX DEAL

    Royal biographer Angela Levin told talkRADIO that Harry and Meghan were “disloyal” and “rude” for signing a Netflix deal that she said was “ridiculing” the royal family.

    The fourth season of The Crown shows more controversies than ever with Princess Diana's debut played by Emma Corrin.

    Ms. Levin said: “And he's now actually doing what I think is so disloyal and rude and that is taking money from a company like Netflix that knows exactly that it's going to get its pint of blood out of somebody when it offers a lot of money.

    “When he knows the same company is ridiculing his father, his mother and his grandmother.”

  • John Hall

    ROYAL BIOGRAPHER SAYS HARRY ONCE TOLD HER HE WOULD 'STOP' THE CROWN BEFORE IT REACHED HIM

    Speaking to talkRADIO, Royal biographer Angela Levin spoke about an interview with the Duke of Sussex in Kensington Palace.

    She explained the first question he asked her was, “Are you watching The Crown?”

    The author of Harry: A Biography of a Prince replied: “Are you and the rest of the Royal Family?”

    He said, “Yes, we're all absolutely watching everything but I'm going to insist it stops before it reaches me”.'

Source: Read Full Article