Tick one thing off the list with these handy stocking filler ideas and tips for making your fireplace look festive.
Christmas stocking ideas
For only a couple of pounds, you can grab a few last minute stocking fillers.
Cadbury are selling personalised bars of Dairy Milk – which will be sure to put a smile on any receiver's face.
You can also grab some personalised Toblerones, to really impress any chocolate lover.
Wilko has a great range of stocking fillers that has something for everyone.
And for those who love Harry Potter… Argos have a number of Top Trump sets.
Where can you buy holders for your Christmas stockings?
To hang your stockings, you will first need either hooks or stocking holders for your mantle piece.
When it comes the style of your mantle clips, you can either go plain and traditional or more ornate.
Festive-lights.com have a set of four, plain, shiny brass clips for £19.99, while Wayfair.co.uk has a more decorative snowflake stocking holder for £15.99.
Shoppers can also find all kinds of designs and sets, of varying prices, over at eBay.
How to create a fireplace display this Christmas
How your fireplace looks this Christmas is all down to your personal taste.
Adding your stockings, hung via special clips or holders, is a good start – but may still look a bit bare without additional decoration.
However, there are a few tips and tricks to make your display look seasonally festive.
- Hang a wreath above the centre of your mantelpiece
- Adorn your mantelpiece with lights or a long, horizontal wreath or garland
- Add candles – but make sure you do't leave them burning over night
- Create a figurine display with Christmas favourites such as Rudolph
- Display your Christmas cards, or hang them along the top of your mantelpiece
- Hang baubles, that match your tree, along the top of the mantelpiece
Source: Read Full Article