Louise Thompson revealed she was forced to live out of her car after a terrifying house fire.
The Made In Chelsea star, who is pregnant with her first child with fiancé Ryan Libbey, and her loved ones were recently forced to evacuate in the middle of the night when the blaze tore through the property.
Sharing an update on how they are all doing, the 31-year-old thanked those who had reached out to help after the ordeal, explaining it had been ‘really tough’.
‘NHS staff, neighbours, family members, old friends, new friends, Instagram friends who I hardly know, my wonderful agency, brands I work with, the lady working behind the counter in the shop, my business partners, work colleagues, fitness clients, the lady in the park this morning, strangers on the street… Thank you for your incredible support,’ she began the lengthy Instagram caption.
‘I have to say I am totally overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity that people offer up when trying to help someone get through a crisis. I have had messages from people that I’ve met ONCE offer up their best friends, cousins, dogs, ex girlfriends, dads house in order to try to help. It means a lot – I feel incredibly lucky and I wish everyone could be this lucky.
‘We’ve moved in and out of 4 different hotel/hostels over the past week and basically lived out of a car and the truth is that it’s been really tough – one of the hardest things to deal with has been the total lack of security and privacy.
‘I’m experiencing a bit of social anxiety atm and sometimes I just want to hide away and not have to come into contact with other humans. You can’t do that when you’re nomadic.’
She continued: ‘The other thing (which was arguably even harder) was having to spend 5 days/nights without the dogs, who are basically my children. Sadly they aren’t welcome everywhere and they just take so much looking after which we couldn’t do from the car.
‘I was so paranoid that they would be heavily traumatised by the incident because they got lost in the smoke before being rescued by Ryan but thankfully they seem to be ok and they have been impeccably looked after by Scott, Sam and Zara. A million thank yous.
‘I had no idea how hard it was to find somewhere to stay on a short term basis (sadly my mums house will take YONKS to restore), so now we’re just keeping our fingers and toes crossed for our own project.’
The expectant mum ended the post by telling fans that they had found a ‘temporary’ living solution with their dogs.
‘Thankfully we have found a temporary solution which means that me, Ryan, bump, Koji and Toto can camp out under one roof,’ she added. ‘Hopefully until the baby is born if needs be. Thanks for minimising all stress @ryan.libbey u da man! I’d be screwed without you.’
Louise opened up about the fire last week, and said it was sparked by a wine fridge which spontaneously exploded, engulfing the house in toxic smoke and flames.
Addressing concerned fans, she explained that they were all okay, and managed to escape with ‘minimal damage to our health’.
Thanking the fire service for arriving so quickly, she added: ‘Until you have experienced this type of fire first hand I don’t think you understand the sheer power of it.
‘As someone who is very fit and able-bodied I always thought I was invincible and could escape any fight or flight scenario. Well let me tell you, you CANNOT escape the power of fire.
‘The thick chemical smoke travelled so fast throughout the house which meant that within seconds it was impossible to see or breathe. You literally have seconds to make a decision.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article