Eamonn Holmes hints internet users ‘plotted to get him fired’ in This Morning ‘axe’ rumour

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

News broke earlier this week that This Morning hosts Eamonn Holmes, 60 and Ruth Langsford, 60, have been dropped from their usual Friday presenting slot, and will be replaced by Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary. Now, further reports have seen Eamonn drop hints that online trolls “had been trying to get him sacked” before learning he was losing his ITV post.

People say it’s water off a duck’s back but people wake up and they know they can get you sacked

Eamonn Holmes

In a recent interview with New! magazine, Ruth said that although they have had talks about a show “shake-up”, she and Eamonn’s jobs were not on the line after 14-years.

The pair are said to be “furious and upset” with the decision, but are yet to speak out about it.

The Mirror broke the story over the weekend but the night before, Eamonn admitted it was “stressful” knowing “people could wake up and know they could get someone sacked”, while speaking on a Belfast Live Facebook chat.

The publication reported he’d said: “People say it’s water off a duck’s back but people wake up and they know they can get you sacked… that’s the thing about live TV.

“It can be very stressful.”

The publication also claimed that Eamonn confided in recent weeks that he feared being too “pale, stale and male” after is has apparently drawn some criticism for not having enough diversity among the presenters.

Following the news, a source spoke to Mirror Online about Dermot and Alison taking over on Fridays.

“They have real warmth.

“It’s time for a change and they are perfect.”

They also claimed Eamonn is disappointed over the reported move after he and Ruth became firm-favourites on the show for over a decade.

“Eamonn is pretty furious and everyone feels for him and Ruth, they are well liked on the team, but sometimes tough decisions have to be made,” they said.

DON’T MISS…
Naga Munchetty and Charlie Stayt replaced in BBC Breakfast shake-up [TV NEWS]
Monty Don furious as Chris Packham shares ‘awful vandalism’ [LATEST]
Alex Scott causes a stir with leggy display on Children In Need [PICTURES]

It comes after Alison and Dermot stepped in to host the award-winning ITV show together over the summer, while the main hosts were on their summer breaks.

And it seems as thought they impressed bosses and viewers alike.

According to The Mirror, the stars’ contracts are said to be finalised in the coming weeks.

Earlier this month, Alison, who is a regular star on the programme, was given the opportunity to guest edit the show and present with Dermot again, and fans couldn’t get enough them.

Last week, the Ruth opened up on whether the show was “headed for a shake-up”.

“There’s always talk, I don’t know,” she shared.

“Not that anybody’s told me.”

Ruth insisted she wasn’t worried about her position on the show, as she added in the interview with New! Magazine: “I think I am very good at what I do, and as long as they want me I’ll be there.

“I’ve been doing it a very long time and it seems we’ve been very popular, so I presume all those things will be taken into consideration.”

Source: Read Full Article