Chris Rock reveals he was 'a functional Ambien addict,' plus more news

Chris Rock says he’s given up Ambien, made other changes while tackling childhood trauma

Chris Rock has been making some big changes in his life after diving into a serious therapy regimen during the COVID-19 lockdown. The comic, 56, previously opened up about the intense, seven hours a week schedule he’s maintained with his shrink. He recently expanded on what’s that meant for him in conversation with The Telegraph, revealing that in addition to tackling the “trauma” he experienced as a little boy, he’s been able to forgive those who mistreated him in the past. He also says he’s given up his dependency on sleep aids, which he believes made him “a functional Ambien addict.” Admitting that the main thing he “did during Covid” was “lots of therapy,” Chris explained(via the Daily Mail), “Success does not erase trauma. It just doesn’t. So I definitely had to go back through therapy and really go through my childhood … The key thing is, I forgive everybody that was involved.” The “Fargo” actor pointed out that if he were to name the people who attacked him because of the color of his skin when he was younger, “Their lives would be absolutely destroyed.” Instead, Chris said he just prays “that they learned their lesson” and focuses on taking “the very high road.” Not that life’s complications ended for Chris before adulthood. He tells the outlet, “Getting divorced made people look at me in a different light.” Now, he doesn’t drink much, if ever, and he’s off the meds that he realized were hurting him more than helping. “I was on an Ambien/Melatonin-every-night thing,” he reveals. “And I had really bad brain fog. I was a functional Ambien addict, which affected everything – it affected my ability to concentrate, honestly.” The comic and actor returns to the big screen this week alongside Samuel L. Jackson in the horror film, “Spiral.”

Keep reading for the latest on Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson’s reconciliation and more …

RELATED: Stars who are sober or don’t drink

Tristan Thompson tells Khloe Kardashian ‘I love you’ on Instagram after new cheating allegation

Amid yet another round of cheating rumors, Tristan Thompson shared a public declaration of his love for Khloe Kardashian on Mother’s Day. Posting a photo of Khloe making a kiss-face at the camera alongside their daughter, True Thompson, Tristan wrote, “Happy Mother’s Day @khloekardashian. I love you,” on his Instagram Story over the weekend. Khloe didn’t re-share the post as she has in the past when he’s tagged her, Page Six later noted. She did, however, post a handful of cryptic quotes on her own Story. “People hate when they can’t get under your skin. I’m at peace and you’re in pieces. Stay blessed though,” she wrote at one point, according to the Shade Room. She later showed off the flowers she’d been gifted by friends and family on May 9. Khloe and Tristan reportedly reconciled while in quarantine after she cut ties with the Boston Celtics player following his cheating scandal with her former friend, Jordyn Woods. (He was also implicated in a cheating scandal within days of True’s birth.) Last month, Instagram model Sydney Chase alleged on the “No Jumper” podcast that she hooked up with Tristan in recent months after he said he was single. He’s denied the allegations through his lawyer, who claims to have sent two cease-and-desist orders to Sydney, calling her claims “defamatory.” Since she made the claims about Tristan public, Sydney has reportedly capitalized on buzz around her name, hosting a party in at Larry Flynt’s in Las Vegas and pitching a reality show to the network that reps Rob Kardashian’s ex, Blac Chyna, according to Page Six.

RELATED: Celebs who got engaged in 2021

Seth Rogen says he has no plans to work with James Franco again after sexual misconduct allegations

Seth Rogen is apparently ditching his longtime work relationship with frequent co-star James Franco in the wake of sexual abuse, harassment and exploitation claims made against the star by multiple women. Speaking to The Sunday Times in an interview published May 9, Seth responded for the first time to actress Charlene Yi’s recent assertion that Seth was an “enabler” for James who ” knew about the bribe” she says she was offered when she quit “The Disaster Artist” because she “didn’t feel safe working with a sexual predator.” Asked directly about Charlene’s “enabler” accusation and the sexual misconduct allegations James has faced since 2014, Seth replied, “What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment, and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that.” Seth also expressed “regret” for a 2014 joke he made on “Saturday Night Live” about (then recent) news James had propositioned a 17-year-old girl via Instagram. “It was a terrible joke, honestly,” Seth said.”And I also look back to that interview in 2018 where I comment that I would keep working with James, and the truth is that I have not and I do not plan to right now.” After the Instagram proposition allegation, James, who’s worked with Seth on a variety of movies since the two met on the set of “Freaks and Geeks,” was accused of sexual misconduct by five other women. Seth told the Sunday Times things have not been the same between him and James since the scandal unfolded. “I can say it, um, you know, it has changed many things in our relationship and our dynamic,” he told the outlet, adding that his experience of what happened was “not as painful and difficult as it is for a lot of other people involved.” He added, “I have no pity for myself in this situation.”

RELATED: 25 movies turning 25 in 2021

Scarlett Johansson slams HFPA for ‘borderline sexual harassment’ as NBC announces it won’t air 2022 Golden Globes

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association will have to prove they’ve made major progress regarding issues around diversity and more if they want to see their annual Golden Globes show return to the small screen. NBC announced on May 10 it will not air the 2022 awards show following public criticism of the HFPA from actors including Scarlett Johansson, Ava DuVernay and Tom Cruise, as well as organizations like Amazon Studios and Netflix. NBC’s announcement is expected to be a major push for the HFPA to enact real change to address its lack of racial diversity among voting members and other “ethical concerns.” Citing the need for adequate “time” to ensure “change of this magnitude” actually takes place within the ranks of the HFPA — the small association of journalists behind the annual Globes awards — NBC said its execs, “are hopeful we will be in a position to air the show in January 2023.” The news comes after it was revealed the HFPA had no Black voting members. Other concerns have since been raised about the organization, including a statement from Scarlett in which she accused HFPA members of, “… sexist questions and remarks … that bordered on sexual harassment.” Scarlett said, “It is the exact reason why I, for many years, refused to participate in their conferences.” She went on to say the HFPA “…was legitimized by the likes of Harvey Weinstein to amass momentum for Academy recognition and the industry followed suit,” asserting that, “unless there is necessary fundamental reform within the organization, I believe it is time that we take a step back from the HFPA and focus on the importance and strength of unity within our unions and the industry as a whole.” Tom Cruise has also taken a public stance against the group by returning the three Golden Glove trophies he’s won over the years.

Kelly Ripa inks her wedding anniversary date on her arm

“5.1.96.” That’s what the inside of Kelly Ripa’s elbow now reads, thanks to a new tattoo in honor of her 25th wedding anniversary with Mark Consuelos. The “Live!” host showed off the tiny, black markings on her Instagram Story on May 7, ahead of their big milestone on May 8, according to Page Six. Mark also shared a photo of the gift he got Kelly for their anniversary — a photo album featuring, among other sweet things, a page where he shared places that have special meaning for him in terms of their relationship. “If I were to write a book of our story, these are the 25 places that could have their own chapter,” he wrote on the album page. “All of these places mean so much to me – and hopefully to you too. Love, Mark.” Kelly and Mark met on the set of “All My Children” in 1995. They were married just one year later.

Lizzo gets candid about depression, loneliness on TikTok

Despite an emotional start to the weekend, Lizzo told fans in a series of Tik Tok videos that she was feeling better, thanks in large part to their support. On May 8, the singer was distraught and tearful in a video where she spoke candidly about feeling alone and depressed. “You know that part of sadness where you feel like a burden on everyone and annoying and nobody cares about you? Can we get rid of that part?” she asked. “It’s like, yo, I’m already sad. Could it add insult to injury that I have no one to talk to about it?” As the video progressed, Lizzo, said, “I don’t want to feel this way anymore. I want to feel like I do have someone to talk to, people do care about me. I have love. I’m not alone. That’s what I want to feel, but I don’t feel like that.” Hours later, another video showed Lizzo explaining that she’d “had a really rough night and a very emotional morning just thinking about my relationships and life .. I’m definitely glad I reached out in any way I could and TikTok was one of those ways. To feel received and seen and heard really, really helped me. I’m not crying anymore.” She then told fans who might be wrestling with similar difficult emotions, “just know you’re not alone.” As fans and friends checked in to make sure she was still on the mend as the weekend went on, Lizzo shared how she’d bounced back from the bad mental health day a little self-love and self-care. “Took a bath, talked to my therapist, talked to my medium, breathed, focused on gratitude, tricked my dopamine levels by getting excited about something that’s happening in the future, ate a cinnamon roll, hot chocolate, and now I’m in bed,” she said. “I do feel better.”

Duchess Meghan says she and Harry are ‘thrilled’ to have a baby girl on the way

Though she couldn’t attend this past weekend’s Global Citizen’s Vax Live: The Concert To Reunite The World in person because of her pregnancy, Duchess Meghan shared a moving video message at the event, reminding viewers that the coronavirus pandemic has disproportionally affected women of color. Clad in a “Woman Power Charm” necklace made by Awe Inspired, which donates 20 percent of all proceeds to women, Meghan highlighted themes of unity as she reflected on the pandemic, and said she’s been thinking of the daughter she’ll soon give birth to as she and Prince Harry worked with Global Citizen on their event, which sought to drive more equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines around the world . “The past year has been defined by communities coming together tirelessly and heroically to tackle COVID-19,” Meghan said, according to People. “And we’ve gathered tonight because the road ahead is getting brighter, but it’s going to take every one of us to find our way forward. As campaign chairs of VAX LIVE, my husband and I believe it’s critical that our recovery prioritizes the health, safety and success of everyone, and particularly women who have been disproportionately affected by this pandemic. Women, and especially women of color, have seen a generation of economic gain wiped out,” she continued. “Since the pandemic began, nearly 5.5 million women have lost work in the U.S., and 47 million more women around the world are expected to slip into extreme poverty,” Meghan said. “My husband and I are thrilled to soon be welcoming a daughter. It’s a feeling of joy we share with millions of other families around the world. When we think of her, we think of all the young women and girls around the globe who must be given the ability and support to lead us forward. Their future leadership depends on the decisions we make and the actions we take now to set them up, and set all of us up, for a successful, equitable, compassionate tomorrow.” In closing, Meghan added, “We want to make sure that as we recover, we recover stronger. That as we rebuild, we rebuild together.” Following the May 8 event, Global Citizen announced VAX LIVE: The Concert to Reunite the World met its goals and then some by helping to “mobilize $302 million in funding and over 26 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to provide equitable vaccine access to the world’s most marginalized communities and health care workers in critical need of global support.” Meghan and Harry’s second child is due this summer.

Prince Harry, Oprah Winfrey announce premiere date for their Apple TV+ mental health series

Prince Harry and his pal Oprah Winfrey’s upcoming mental health series, “The Me You Can’t See,” kicks off on Apple TV+ on May 21, according to a new press release on Harry and Duchess Meghan’s Archewell.com.”We are born into different lives, brought up in different environments, and as a result are exposed to different experiences. But our shared experience is that we are all human,” Harry said in the announcement of the show, which Apple says will see Harry and Oprah, “guide honest discussions about mental health” via “illuminating stories from across the globe.” He continued, “The majority of us carry some form of unresolved trauma, loss, or grief, which feels — and is — very personal. Yet the last year has shown us that we are all in this together, and my hope is that this series will show there is power in vulnerability, connection in empathy and strength in honesty. Now more than ever, there is an immediate need to replace the shame surrounding mental health with wisdom, compassion, and honesty. Our series aims to spark that global conversation.” Harry, who’s spoken publicly about being in a state of near “breakdown” following the death of his mother, Princess Diana, is set to join Oprah in welcoming stars like Lady Gaga, Glenn Close and more onto the show.

Giuliana Rancic is out and Laverne Cox is in at the E! network. On May, 9, just days after Giuliana announced she was leaving her longtime red carpet post, E! revealed Laverne will take the reins of its “Live From the Red Carpet” coverage beginning next year. The “Orange Is the New Black” alum is also slated to host “celebrity-interview specials that will air in the coming year,” according to TVLine. “I’m so excited and deeply humbled to be hosting E!’s iconic red carpet coverage,” Laverne gushed. “For many years, I would wake up early on awards-show days, get my snacks in place and watch E!’s coverage all day long. I dreamed of walking red carpets. Now, not only have I had several fun and amazing personal red carpet moments, I also get to be a red carpet guide for E!’s discerning audience and chat with my colleagues and folks I deeply admire for these very special events in their lives. I can’t wait to get started while hopefully serving up fashion fantasies for the ages, honey.”










Source: Read Full Article